Monday, September 8, 2014

On.Fire.

That's how I felt this morning on my run. On.Fire. And I don't mean that beautiful Katniss Everdeen, Girl on Fire kind of way. {Although. If you have never seen the Director's interview from the bonus features of The Hunger Games, it is fantastic. Talk about #leadership and #vision. whoa.} No I was feeling like my legs were being set on fire from the inside. I wish I was too embarrassed to admit this, but I kind of wanted to cry! 3 miles of constant motion (hurry up day when I can actually say "run" instead of constant motion which clearly means I walked part of it...) I was pretty proud of myself for surviving, but let me tell you: it.hurt.

I would also like to take a minute to acknowledge a conversation Jenn and I had after Saturday's run. I don't for one second want to take for granted the overwhelming and sometimes completely debilitating blessings and freedoms we are given at birth in America. Where we can literally run free outside without the threats of attacks or explosions. Where we can take our children to public parks and listen to music for free. I just have no idea. NO idea at all the reasons that God has called us all to this time in this life for a specific purpose. But I don't want it to go unstated that there are people suffering all around the world (and in the USA) and for my life to be safe and secure right now is truly more than some will ever know. I am grateful and thankful and want to always be able to contribute to the goodness of the world in some small way. I get all choked up reading this from Beth Moore:

Today was Copeland's 15 month check up. Y'all. This kid. I really can't understand how in the world my heart can contain all of the love I feel for him alone, much less all 3 of the boys! He is hilarious, stubborn, smart, freaking adorable, mischievous, and fast. He is crazy about his brothers, wants you to give him a cracker about 99,000 times a day just so he can throw it on the ground, and will give you hugs and kisses while saying "ya-yo" {I love you} melts.my.heart. So I will continue on my quest for pain and healthy choices to give myself every opportunity imaginable to be involved in his life and the lives of my other kids (and Wes!). Copeland is amazing. <insert every possible heart and love emoticon here> Perfection.

Working hard to earn back your trust. I logged all my food in MyFitnessPal today! <insert rainbow emoticon here> And definitely make the stew I was telling you about! Delicious! Tomorrow I continue my 10k training with a cross training session. The goal is 5:30 am yoga. yikes. {heart is now beating a little fast since that will be session 3 of 5 groupon yoga classes! noooooooo...}

May the words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Reedemer. Psalm 19:14.

Lots and lots of love. <insert red heart emoticon here>

No comments:

Post a Comment